I have tried at least a half dozen homemade macaroni and cheese recipes over the last 7 years. They have all been disappointing and then I give up for a year. This time I tried Martha Stewart's version. I thought the sharp white cheddar might be a good sign. Nope, it sucked. Balls, did it suck! And now I have a crap ton of it.
I've had enough experimenting with macaroni and cheese and asked for recommendations. Here's what I've got on board to try next time:
The Pioneer Woman's Fancy Macaroni or Not so Fancy Macaroni
Ina Garten's Mac and Cheese (this looks expensive)
Cooking Light Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese
Epicurious Prosciutto Macaroni and Cheese
Looking at these recipes, I can see where things might have gone wrong with Martha's version. She called for milk instead of cream and there weren't enough spices.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment